Country Living.....

Sunday, July 24, 2011

High School Girls

Kilgore High School Ragin Red Girls




Last weekend was the 2nd annual Ragin Red Girls' Reunion. I wasn't able to go last year, but this year it was on my calendar January 1. Dee Shipp Samford was our hostess and she did a bang up job making all the arrangements and getting everyone together.





Dee our hostess.







Dee is reading us a poem from one of the missing Ragin Red Girl, Pat James Murrey. Pat has a way with words and the poem left us in stitches.




Here a few of the girls are visiting of course eating.




Dee had a game for us to play. Dee and I made up "If you ......" give yourself a point. The one with the largest score got to pick a gift first. For example: "If you were in choir and watched Mark Nyvall walk in with his red letter jacket on, white turtleneck shirt, penny loafers... give yourself a point." We all started putting down our point. Mark was the man....!!!! Several girls have seen him since and he still looks pretty good but he has a pony tail and wears flannel shirts. Not quite what I remembered him. But we all change.




Nancy, Jeanne, Charlotte, Kaye catching up on what we have been doing. Nancy and I roomed in college and taught our first year together in Cameron. First we thought we hadn't seen each other since my wedding, but later I found a picture of most of this group at mom and dad's house about 1978. So that was probably the last time I had seen her. Wow!!! Next year will be at Mary Williams Pharris' house. I can't wait!! Hopefully a few of the MIA Ragin Red Girls will be able to come.











No comments: