Country Living.....

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Some of My Favorite People!!

Favorites

The last few weeks I have been with some of my favorite people. First is my lifelong friend,Dee. We have been friends since the 7th grade. I moved to Kilgore from Jacksonville in 1962. The 7th grade is a terrible time for girls and I was a very shy, sheltered preacher's kid. Now I know some are saying you, Janice shy and sheltered, but I was!! There were 3 girls at church that helped me transition from a Jacksonville outsider to a Kilgore girl. Dee was one of them. Our friendship has countined through college, marriages, children, deaths, divorces, and now grandchildren. So as we approach 60 it is a very difficult thing to swallow with dignity. But needless to say it is here. I think Dee and a few more friends are pushing and tackling this very well. Here is Dee's 60 birthday cake and surprise party. Here is our group. Jeanne, Dee, Mary, Cammie and Elaine. There are a few that were not able to attend and we missed them. We are a little more gray headed, but thanks to some great color we look pretty good.
Now to the next group of my favorite people, the little people. A couple of weeks ago I was able to take the grands to the zoo. This is one of my favorite things. Years before mother would take my kids to the Tyler Zoo. Brad, Beau, and Crystal would tell you quickly that they always wanted to go to the zoo. So when Crystal called on this particular day, I hated to say we were at the zoo.
We were at the end of the tour and Elijah and Brooklyn were thinking of Chuck E Cheese.





This is a cute picture of Brooklyn at the butterfly garden.

The cousins have been able to spend alot of time with each other recently. In September we will be 4 grands. We are excited to announce Brad and Amy are getting ready for #2. We will be anxiously awaiting him or her!!!